Learn To Catch Fingermark / Golden Snapper with our online fishing course Finding Fingermark.
IS IT FOR YOU?
WATCH VIDEO BELOW FOR ANSWERS
Inside the Finding Fingermark Program
LEARN MY SECRETS...
If you’re interested in learning to catch Fingermark consistently (also known as Golden Snapper), our online fishing course "Finding Fingermark" will fast track your learning curve saving you frustration, time and money.
Whether you enjoy the thrill of actively jigging, or would rather sit back and relax while your live bait does the work, we're here to turn your dreams into reality.
After successfully empowering hundreds of ambitious anglers with my other online fishing courses, vastly increasing their fishing enjoyment and catches, my deepest hope is that I’ll be able to help you do the same in your quest to catch Fingermark.
SO… WHAT EXACTLY IS FINDING FINGERMARK?
Finding Fingermark is a self-study online fishing course that shows you step-by-step, where fingermark / golden snapper will be in your local region, and how to find and catch them.
It is based on our patented "fishing framework" designed to line up the 3 T's (Territory, Timing, Tools) putting you in the sweet spot to catch fingermark every outing.
The framework is based on 30 years of on the water experience by Ryan Moody. Virtually a lifetime in the saltwater reaches of northern Australian estuaries.
WHY DO YOU NEED IT?
Have you ever heard “80% of fish are caught by 20% of anglers” and thought:
Well here’s the thing…
Great anglers know fish behaviour
Great anglers can predict where fish will be
And no angler can be consistently successful without it
HOW IT WORKS?
The entire program is available to you the moment you complete your registration.
LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE
Over a few weeks or in an 7 hour binge.
Anywhere you have internet connection.
The program is delivered in video format with a downloadable workbook to keep you focused
Mobile and Tablet friendly
Revisit and review for life
The core learning is the proven Ryan Moody framework – neatly and simply presented in a one page flowchart.
THE FISH SMARTER DIFFERENCE
Finding Fingermark is not some “tips and tricks mishmash.” You’ll learn proven fishing skills specific to catching fingermark that will serve you for life.
Once a member always a member. You can retake Finding Fingermark again and again for free including any updates. Once you join Finding Fingermark you'll have lifetime access to the course. Yes, really.
Ask questions, get clarity, yarn up with Ryan Moody and mix with like-minded anglers in our private member only community. 12 months free membership of ongoing training and support is included.
FINDING FINGERMARK CURRICULUM
There are 6 core learning modules, including in field demonstrations of exactly how it’s done, all tied together with my Fingermark Fishing Framework. The focus is species specific and exclusive to Fingermark/ Golden Snapper.
You will learn the most productive locations in your patch based on your preferred fishing technique, so you can plan out your fishing days a year in advance and leave the less productive times for mowing the lawn and playing with the kids.
When you’re making an investment in knowledge, it's important to know what you're getting. That's why we share the entire curriculum with you - so you can make sure the program is right for you.
MODULE 1: FISHING WITH STRATEGY
Develop a strategic plan for consistent results.
Module 1 is all about strategy and being in the right Territory at the right Time. It's in Module 1 you're introduced to the patented ©Ryan Moody Fingermark Fishing Framework, a flowchart that tells you exactly where to go, when to go and what to use. Please note this entire course is specifically devoted to Fingermark/Golden Snapper*. Topics covered in Module 1 include;
- How to determine the best fishing location for fingermark in your local area and the date/time you need to be there
- Why your previous fishing successes have been sporadic at best
- Get to the bottom of how Fingermark behave and the benefits that come from this understanding
- How to effectively and strategically plan out the most profitable fishing times for your local area and your preferred method (live baiting, trolling and jigging) using our simple yet effective flowchart
- Tips (and homework) on how to investigate fish holding locations in your local area (or any area you want to fish) by asking yourself some simple questions.
- When to keep persevering and when to call it day… what turns them off.
1. Concept video: Fishing with Strategy. Introducing the Ryan Moody Fingermark Fishing Framework.
2. Bonus demonstration video: Effects of the barometer on Fingermark. Including how to navigate the BOM website.
3. Fishing with strategy workbook: Assistance on working out your local area FAST
4. Strategy Calendar: To be used in conjunction with the workbook
MODULE 2: PREPARATION IS THE KEY
Setting a solid foundation for your long term success.
Module 2 is about working with the right tools. Module 2 is the biggest of all the modules simply because good preparation prevents poor performance. It is in Module 2 you will learn how to implement the right tools component and how it fits together into the ©Ryan Moody Fingermark Fishing Framework.
- Learn the best live bait for Fingermark and where to find them.
- How to ensure you catch your bait before you need them thus maximising the time spent fishing the “sweet spot”.
- Key distinctions that separate OK bait presentation to outstanding bait presentation
- Don’t waste any more money on lures* – learn to present the ones you have. Ryan talks about his favourites and why.
- You only need to know four knots and we show you some tricks on how to tie them quick and easy.
1. Concept video 1: Preparation is the key (Live bait). How, where and when to collect the best live bait for Fingermark.
2. Concept video 2: Preparation is the key (Lures and gear)
3. Bonus in-field demo video: Collecting the best live bait
4. Bonus in-field demo video: Finding and catching squid
5. Bonus in field demo video: The four knots
6. Bonus in-field demo video: Throwing a cast net to catch bait
MODULE 3: DEFINED STRUCTURE
Fingermark aggregate in these areas when conditions are right.
Module 3 is about identifying the RIGHT defined structure. Everyone knows Fingermark like defined structure, but in coastal and inshore waters, which ones do they prefer? Revisit the framework to discover how to identify and fish defined structure for fingermark. At the end of this module you will be able to:
- Recognise the kind of defined structure Fingermark prefer to hang around.
- Position the right bait at the right time to maximise chances of hooking up.
- Use you sounder to know which technique to use and what to do next.
1. Concept video: Defined Structure
2. Bonus in-field demo video: Discovering underwater spits.
3. Bonus in-field demo video: Identifying the right Bommies, Rocks and Wrecks.
4. Bonus in-field demo video: Navigation markers.
5. Bonus in field demo video: Sinkholes.
6. Bonus in-field demo video: Twin anchor technique - fishing on the fish
MODULE 4: COASTAL BACKWATERS
Identify, locate and catch fingermark as they hole up in coastal backwaters.
Module 4 is about identifying fish holding coastal backwaters. In conjunction with the framework outlined in Module 1, at the end of this module you should be able to:
- Identify and locate coastal backwaters and know when to fish them.
- Use proven techniques to convert browsers into bites.
- Learn useful sounder skills to maximise your chances by finding the fish FIRST.
1. Concept video: Coastal Backwaters – Sounder techniques and identification
2. Bonus in-field demo video: Fishing coastal backwaters for fingermark / golden snapper.
MODULE 5: FORAGING AREAS
Module 5 is all about places to look when the fingermark scatter and disperse. Revisit the framework to discover how to fish beaches, rubble pads and sand pinnacles for Fingermark. At the end of this module you will be able to:
- Recognise high potential spots in your local area.
- Position the right bait/lure at the right time to maximise chances of hooking up.
- Know when to quit (refer to framework) and when to keep trying - tips on staying focused and mixing things up.
- How things change at night and how to maximise your chances.
1.Concept video: Foraging areas - when Fingermark scatter
2.Bonus in-field demo video: Shallow foraging areas - beaches and shallow rubble pads
3.Bonus in-field demo video: Deep foraging areas - sand pinnacles and deep rubble pads
MODULE 6: SEAL THE DEAL
Handling, hook-ups and making life easy for yourself.
Module 6: Seal the deal. This is the pointy end where all the hard work pays off. We also take a look at issues affecting fingermark stocks and how to be mindful of sustainability. At the end of this module you will be able to:
- Sit on your hands and let the fish catch itself. Avoid rookie mistakes and convert bites to captures.
- Amaze your mates by landing fish with no net.
- Handle fish for photos/release in the best condition possible for capture on another day (when they are even BIGGER!)
- Treat fingermark for barotrauma - and when not to bother.
1. Concept video: Handling for release
2. Bonus in-field demo video: Filleting tips
3. Bonus in-field demo video: Ryan’s boat set-up
BONUS EXTRA: COMMUNITY
As anyone who has tried to change habits would know, being accountable to another or having a supportive community of like minded individuals is invaluable. So we have set up a private, student only Facebook study group for you guys to help each other!
Ryan drops in regularly, sometimes does trip reports and our Ambassadors are on hand to provide advice. 12 months access to the Facebook study group is included in the purchase price.
And let me just say, this community is developing into the most amazing resource and we are blown away by the success of our students and the willingness of those a little more advanced to assist and help the others. As they say... A rising tide lifts all boats.
Important Information: After 12 months you can choose to renew your membership with the community at $20/month to continue accessing our ongoing training with Ryan, coaching and Facebook group.
If you choose not to renew your community membership, you will still have lifetime access to the Finding Fingermark course.
How this came about?
Who knew an online fishing course could change people's lives! Yes that is the feedback we got (and still get) after launching our first ever online fishing course Barra Basics back in 2014.
Using my wife's background in University teaching and my 30 years of fishing knowledge, our first ever online fishing course was born.
Turns out, the two of us have a unique set of talents! The course set up consisting of the framework, the concept videos, the demonstration videos, all combine to make it really easy for students to learn and apply the knowledge in their local area to find and catch fish.
So we didn't really choose to make Finding Fingermark. We were asked. Asked by our Fish Smarter "alumni" if you like. Those that have done some or all of our growing stable of online fishing courses.
So we’ve actually been helping people catch trophy fish for years both on the water, and online. You can learn more about the business by clicking on the small crosses below.
ABOUT RYAN MOODY
Ryan’s mission is to help you realise your greater potential and live the dream of fishing mastery. As well as online fishing courses Wonky Holes, Threadfin Tactics and Barra Basics, he’s the founder of Ryan Moody Fishing and has so far put clients onto a staggering 2000 massive metre plus barra, in addition to trophy reef fish, metre plus threadfin and numerous thousand pound marlin in a stellar fishing career. He holds the honour of landing the 2 biggest saltwater barra ever caught on Australian TV, is a guest host and product tester for Jarvis Walker Brands in Australia, Ambassador for Garmin Marine and BRP (Evinrude), writes a regular column for Queensland Fishing Monthly (QFM) and contributes weekly to Fish Talk radio show on the ABC.
ABOUT FISH SMARTER
by Karen Rudkin-Moody
After Ryan’s best mate Bryan passed away from melanoma, I became worried about Ryan baking in the tropical sun every day on charter. We mused that there must be a better way to put people onto big fish. Perhaps we could teach people to do it themselves? And so our first online course Barra Basics was born. Well… from the moment the course was released, students started catching barra, and BIG barra. Soon the inevitable questions came “When are you going to teach us how to catch threadfin, fingermark, nannygai etc. ?” Students were clamouring for more of Ryan’s secrets. And because Ryan has so much fun interacting with our students, helping them, guiding them, we decided to create a whole raft of courses, all centred around our fish smarter philosophy.
IS FINDING FINGERMARK RIGHT FOR YOU?
Over the years, we’ve listened to hundreds of anglers who struggle to catch fingermark with consistency.
Fingermark have a foraging habit at times and can just "dissappear!"
We created this course to handle those struggles.
We’re confident you'll get great value from the course if you’ve ever said anything like:
Or perhaps we should look at your investments in fishing thus far…
- Boat $15,000 - $40,000,
- $80 fuel per trip say 10 trips a year ($800),
- Boat rego and insurance ($600),
- Fishing combo $400 x 2 ($800),
- Lures $17 each and you probably have at least 20 ($340),
- Fishing magazine 5x$8 each ($40),
- Braid, hooks, line, cast net etc. ($200)
- Let’s not forget your electronics at $800 per unit min.
Seriously, you have probably spent in excess of $30,000 and will continue to spend $, without having the time to fully trial and test your methods!
THE BEST WAY TO MAKE THE MOST OF THOSE INVESTMENTS IS WITH KNOWLEDGE!
YOU COULD GO ON CHARTER AND GET A GUIDE TO HELP YOU OUT
But you’ll only learn about the conditions at that time
Plus a decent guide is in excess of $800 per day
And probably booked out for a year in advance
JOIN AND GET
Lifetime access to Finding Fingermark course content
This includes concept and demonstration videos, 22 all up, the tried and proven Ryan Moody Fishing Framework, workbook and strategy calendar (Value $899)
Twelve months access to the Private Finding Fingermark Facebook Study Group.
As a Finding Fingermark student, we want to make sure you get your questions answered. This is where you can interact with other Finding Fingermark students and graduates. Ryan drops in from time to time and you can request clarification about the module you’re working on while it's fresh in your mind (Value $480)
The total value is $1379, but you'll pay way less than half of that total price.
Immediate Access. Once a member, always a member.
Access includes any and all bonus videos added later
Please Note: Fingermark or Golden Snapper are common names for Lutjanus johnii, also sometimes referred to John's Snapper. Estuaries and nearshore headlands from Rockhampton to Broome are fingermark habitat and at certain times good catches can be expected. When they're around, everything in this course is all you need to know.
There are no payment plans and there are no refunds.
We want you to be as serious about your investment and the work you’ll put into your fishing as we are about helping you succeed.
We’ve put together a number of free classes as part of our Ryan Moody Fishing community so feel free to join up now (it’s free) and get a feel for our teaching style.
Plus you can watch over 90 free episodes of Ryan Moody’s blog to know what you’re in for.
And we have provided the full curriculum of the Finding Fingermark course for your perusal
You’re not the only one.
Here are our honest answers to some of the tough questions….
Got questions we haven’t answered here?
Write firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help. Our business hours are M-F 8am to 4pm EST and we strive to respond within 24 business hours.