As you subscribe to the kiss theory in Sounder Skills 2 it makes the course content easy to remember and understand. I particularly enjoyed the practical videos of Ryan putting the new skills demonstrated in the course into place. Cheers Ryan and Karen!
I had hesitations about Sounder Skills 2 due to the large cost outlay, but all of the course it is very informative. I have looked on youtube and google for the information covered in this online fishing course and have not found anything even close to the information in this course. Absolutely brilliant!!
I have been using sounders since they were paper charts and I believe that your Sounder Skills 2 course is invaluable! Well done team Moody.
WHAT EXACTLY IS
“SOUNDER SKILLS 2”?
Sounder Skills 2 is a self-study training program that shows you step-by-step, how to understand the practical use of your fish finder / sounder.
I say practical use because there are so many settings on new units and so many variables in the marine environment (think about it - the boat moves, the fish moves, the depth changes...) it can be REALLY confusing. We teach how to set up and read your sounder accurately so you'll know big fish from small fish and where the fish are in relation to your boat so you can fish ON those fish.
Unlike all the Youtube fishing "experts" I’ve been finding and catching BIG fish for decades as a premium fishing guide so I know what works and what doesn't. I know exactly what is under my boat and what functions to use and when. I’ll show you all my secrets in this step by step course.
Come out into the field with me, Ryan Moody, as I explain what settings I use and what I'm seeing in real time!
- Learn where fish are in relation to your boat so you can fish ON the fish!
- Simple comparisons and an easy to follow flowchart to understand what to use.
- Assessments in all water depths from shallow to deep
- Know when your sounder is lying to you without getting wet
We take a complicated topic with hundreds of variables and make it SIMPLE - based on 30 years of sonar experience.
Our members love
what we do
Over 2,200 members are catching more fish since they began to interpret their sounders accurately.
When using your fish finder, do you ever wonder…
Is what I THINK I'm seeing under my boat REALLY THERE?
Well here’s the thing…
Great anglers find their own spots
Great anglers interpret their sounder ACCURATELY
YOU MUST GET MASTERY OVER YOUR FISH FINDER
No angler can be consistently successful without it
COVERS DEPTHS FROM 1 METRE TO 500 METRES PLUS
SOUNDER SKILLS 2
shows you everything you need to know (and nothing more) to get mastery over your equipment!
It’s a big ocean out there, and if you don't accurately interpret what's under your boat you'll waste hours fishing on rocks (instead of fish) after possibly discounting a really productive location. By following Ryan Moody’s simple strategies and proven steps, you'll stop making rookie mistakes and start fishing like a charter guide!
This is it! No frills, no fluff, simply learning what you’re looking at, what settings to use and how to get your boat in the right position to fish ON the fish.
Working in a boat shop and having access to all the latest sounders I thought I knew how to read a sounder, how I was wrong. After doing Sounder Skills 2, I've looked at my side scan and down scan in a different perspective. My first trip out, I managed to identify both Barramundi and Fingermark in the same area and successfully caught both species just by watching their movement on the side scanner. Thanks very much Ryan and Karen for another great course.
I absolutely loved Sounder Skills 2. I thought I knew how to use my sounder to its limits but I wasn’t even close! There is so much to learn about how to use and interpret your sounder and this course provides everything you need to know. I can’t wait to get out and put it into action.
Explaining side scan and sounder frequencies is important, lots of guys struggle to understand that properly. The on the water vids with sounder recording etc. are GOLD, they are really on the money. The guys who watch every minute are going to be switched on as F%^* when they hit the water! Thank you, Ryan Moody!
LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE
- Over a few weeks or in an 6 hour binge.
- Anywhere you have internet connection.
- Mobile and Tablet friendly.
- Revisit and review for life.
- The entire program is available to you the moment you complete your registration
You’ll learn fish finding and sounder skills relating to what is happening under your boat that will serve you for life. Tried and tested PRACTICAL info.
EASY TO DIGEST
The program is delivered in video format with easy to follow, actionable steps for you to take.
Ask questions, get clarity, yarn up with Ryan Moody and mix with like-minded anglers in our private community forum **Subscription based additional extra.
Once a member always a member. You can re-watch Sounder Skills 2 again and again for free including any core updates. Yes, really.
WORKS WITH ANY FISH FINDER
This course is COMPATIBLE WITH ALL BRANDS as we explain what functions to use not what buttons to push.
This course is applicable in ALL AREAS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS from fresh to salt water from the shallows to 100 m plus deep.
This course is APPLICABLE TO ALL UNITS as we also cover what to do on older units in the absence of side scan or down scan.
MEET RYAN MOODY
Ryan Moody started his fishing career on the reef boats before catching bucket list marlin for the likes of champion heavy tackle angler Johnno Johnson, INXS and the King of Sweden. Branching out in the late 80's to guided barramundi fishing, Ryan has made a name for himself as a Big Barramundi specialist and to date has put clients onto over 2000 metre plus barra. That is over 2 kilometres of metre plus barra! With attitudes changing from 'keep all you can' towards catch and release, Ryan has decided to share his extensive knowledge and hopefully inspire people of all ages to get out from behind the computer screen/TV and into the fishing outdoors lifestyle he has spent his life perfecting.
SOUNDER SKILLS 2 CURRICULUM
There are 3 core training modules that contain simple to understand diagrams, underwater footage, in field demonstrations with real time narrations PLUS an easy to follow flow chart for deep, medium and shallow water.
After 30 years on the water chasing metre plus barra in the shallow, tiny bait fish on isolated structure and massive marlin off the shelf, Ryan Moody has seen and done it all. While people think of him as a master angler, the reality is he is a master of his marine electronics!
When you’re making an investment in your fishing, it's important to know what you are getting. That's why we share the entire curriculum with you - so you can make sure the program is right for you.
MODULE 1: USING SONAR WITH STRATEGY
Module 1 is all about strategy. It’s in Module 1 that you are introduced to the concepts required to understand and use your fish finder in the most efficient and productive way. The first thing we cover is the BIG PICTURE - using your unit for the right APPLICATION. Are you searching, assessing or observing. Then we look at the basic concepts that determine where in relation to your boat, are the fish or structure.
Please note this entire course is specifically devoted to finding fish and new fishing locations with your fish finder or sonar. It is not a technical examination of how a sonar works (ask an engineer), nor is it a substitute for your manual. We'll show you what you need to do, but you'll need to work out how on your unit.
- The BIG PICTURE - Catching fish consistently is about a) search, b) assessment and c) observation in real time using sonar.
- The NEW age - CHIRP and SIDESCAN. How they work and how they fit into the big picture
- Frequency and power
- The illusion of fish arches
- Deep vs shallow applications - how they differ
- 3D considerations. Boat moving, fish moving, boat stationary, fish stationary, bottom texture.
- Our three modes - Traditional2D, Downview and Sidescan and how to interpret each.
1. Concept video: “The BIG PICTURE" introducing Ryan’s easy to follow framework for knowing what to use when.
2. Concept video: "Seeing Fish" - getting to know the different modes and frequencies and how to tell what is a fish and what is not.
3. Bonus in-field demo video: What happens when you turn?
4. Bonus in-field demo video: Shallow assessment comparison (DI and 2D)
5. Bonus in-field demo video: Frequency comparisons (SI 260/1200)
6. Bonus in-field demo video: Frequency comparisons (Traditional 2D: Low/Med/High)
7. Bonus in-field demo video: Deep search comparison (SI and 2D)
MODULE 2: SET UP AND TUNING
Module 2 is about getting the best picture. And by best picture I don't mean getting the prettiest cleanest blue on your screen. This not art class. It's getting the unit showing you a TRUE picture of what is down there based on simple criteria and a step-by-step approach. It will save you endless frustration fiddling with your set and less time fishing. Remember the key is to see fish when there ARE fish and to see big fish when they ARE big fish.
- Learn the main settings to get a picture that reflects what is actually there.
- Watch for key distinctions that tell you if you have your settings RIGHT.
- Learn what to look for (external cues) to help you tune your unit correctly. Remember when conditions change you'll need to tweak your settings.
- Traditional: gain, interference and palette. We show you what to look for... GOLD.
- Side image and Down View: Contrast and brightness.
- Range, Zoom, TVG.
- Get a good picture with example after example especially what to do in bad weather days (the only days we get to go fishing right?)
- No more guesswork! KNOW what your sounder is trying to say.
- Please note we DO NOT show you what buttons to push as there are too many brands and units. Use your manual to get to the functions explained in the course. Note also that some brands use different terminology for the same thing e.g gain and sensitivity.
1. Concept video: “Set up and tuning"
2. Bonus in-field demo video: “Shallow water set up (2D)
3. Bonus in-field demo video: “Shallow water set up (Down view)
4. Bonus in-field demo video: “Shallow water set up (Side scan)
5. Bonus in-field demo video: “Deep water set up (2D)
6. Bonus in-field demo video: “Deep water set up (Side image search)
7. Bonus video: “Transducer mounting guide"
MODULE 3: PRACTICAL USE
Module 3: Practical Use. This is the pointy end where all the hard work pays off. At the end of this module you’ll be able to:
- Assess an area for fish and decide if it's worth fishing
- Search an area for structure and assess that structure for "fish-ability"
- Determine where fish are in relation to the boat.
- Confidently anchor and fish "on the fish" even on small structure.
- Troubleshoot transducer issues
- Get your naming conventions right (keeping your marks tidy)
- Use your GPS in conjunction with your sounder to locate and fish on targets with pin point accuracy.
1. Concept video: “Practical Use
2. Bonus in-field demo video: “Assessing a creek junction"
3. Bonus in-field demo video: “Assessing a creek hole"
4. Bonus in-field demo video: “Assessing a reef"
5. Bonus in-field demo video: "Fishing on the fish (shallow)”
6. Bonus in-field demo video: "Fishing on the fish (offshore)”
7. Bonus in-field demo video: "Troubleshooting transducer issues”
8. Bonus in-field demo video: "Fishing on the Fish (300 metre plus)”
WHAT IS THE SUBSCRIBERS ONLY INNER CIRCLE?
Wondering what this $1 Offer is above?
As anyone who has tried to change habits would know, being accountable to another or having a supportive community of like-minded individuals is invaluable. It's why we have set up a private, student-only community forum to connect with other students and get your questions answered.
There are so many variables to contend within the real world, different fish species stack differently, different areas have different currents, different units use different names for the same thing! Plus there are some more advanced topics we just couldn't cover in the course for fear of confusing people. All this and more is covered in the forum.
Please note: this is an optional extra. In order to keep the cost of the course low, we have separated out our Inner Circle community and the main course because we field SO MANY QUESTIONS about fish finders / sounders, fish identification and fine-tuning units.
So although this course will arm you with all you need, if you'd like personal answers from Ryan and our expert Ambassadors, the Inner Circle community membership is the place to do it. You will also learn from others mistakes and be able to interact with anglers and view sounder shots from around the world.
The Inner Circle is subscription-based and charged monthly. You can unsubscribe at any time.
And let me just say, this community is developing into the most amazing resource and we are blown away by the success of our students and the willingness of those a little more advanced to assist and help the others. As they say... A rising tide lifts all boats.
INNER CIRCLE consists of TWO components.
- INNER CIRCLE bonus videos including webinars, trip reports, answers to frequently asked questions, all added regularly to a bonus module (Module 4).
- INNER CIRCLE private Facebook group. Ryan and our Ambassadors are in here daily and we aim to answer your questions in a 24-hour turn around (sometimes it is immediate!) Post your screenshots, engage with other members. Don't get led up the garden path by so-called "techsperts" in forums and pages where it's hard to decipher great info with "fake news". Learn from Ryan and our Ambassadors. Master anglers that have long term runs on the board and fish in the boat!
IS SOUNDER SKILLS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Over the years, we’ve listened to THOUSANDS of anglers who struggle interpreting their sounder correctly.
And there'd be millions more that don't even know they're doing it wrong (blaming fish stocks or not the right bite period instead).
Well… we created this course to handle those struggles.
We’re confident it can help if you’ve ever said anything like:
Or perhaps we should look at your investments in fishing thus far…
- Boat $15,000 - $40,000,
- $80 fuel per trip say 10 trips a year ($800),
- Boat rego and insurance ($600),
- Fishing combo $400 x 2 ($800),
- Lures $17 each and you probably have at least 20 ($340),
- Fishing magazine 5x$8 each ($40),
- Braid, hooks, line, cast net etc. ($200)
- Let’s not forget your electronics at $800 per unit min.
Seriously, you have probably spent in excess of $30,000 and will continue to spend $, without having the time to fully trial and test your methods!
THE BEST WAY TO MAKE THE MOST OF THOSE INVESTMENTS IS WITH KNOWLEDGE!
YOU COULD GO ON CHARTER AND GET A GUIDE TO HELP YOU OUT
But you’ll only learn about the conditions at that time
And they won't have a huge range of transducers on their boat to give you a broad overview.
Plus (and I don't mean to brag) but many charter operators don't even know this stuff.
Reality is, without a good understanding of what you seeing you'll never catch good fish consistently.
Especially in rough weather or as you go deeper.
So why not take a shortcut?
And use the information compiled by Ryan over years on the water.
It’s a no brainer really.
JOIN AND GET
OPTION ONE: COURSE ONLY
Lifetime access to Sounder Skills 2 course.
Complete Sounder Skills 2 course with concept videos, demo in field videos, framework and underwater footage.
Re-watch the course again and again (you'll need to do this... trust me) and learn more each time as you're skill improves. Once a member always a member.
We also add new content from time to time or upgrade the videos based on frequently asked questions. You'll have access to those upgrades as they are added to the site.
OPTION TWO: COURSE AND QUESTIONS
Everything included in OPTION ONE PLUS all your questions answered in our INNER CIRCLE community. Complete Sounder Skills 2 course with concept videos, demo in-field videos, framework and underwater footage.
1. Inner Circle private Facebook page with Ryan and our Ambassadors.
- Post your screenshots
- Add trip reports and get troubleshooting advice
- Interact with like-minded anglers from all over the world.
2. Plus access to exclusive subscriber content added to Module 4
You’re not the only one.
Here are our honest answers to some of the tough questions….
I’ve got great news. You have NOTHING to worry about. The module content for Sounder Skills 2 is all pre-recorded training videos. When you enroll in Sounder Skills 2 you get access to the content for the life of the course. There is no set time period to undertake the course.
You can go through the content again and again at your leisure and at your convenience for years to come. Better still you get access to any course upgrades at now additional cost.
So even if you have to put the course on pause, you can resume it whenever you like.